Thursday, March 24, 2011

Goodbye Soldier, Husband, and a father.

This poem sums up a lot.  I changed a few things in it but it really hits home.

 

 

Good-bye: Soldier Poem

It wasn’t that long ago,
When I saw you every day.
Whenever I looked at you,
Inspiration came my way.

It was the worst day of my life,
When you told me you had to go.
Tears rolled softly down my cheeks,
My heart beat was ever so slow.

You were gone for weeks, months, and years,
Those memories will never fade away.
The times you called or wrote to me,
I looked forward to everyday.

That day that was once nice and sunny,
Turned out to be the worst day of my life,
The weather quickly became stormy,
It was like the whole world was in strife.

When the soldiers gave me the news,
Told me you were gone.
A part of me slowly died,
As I cried from dusk ‘till dawn.

We had given each other our love,
From the bottom of our hearts.
We were blessed with the gift of one another,
But now death did us part.

We had a baby girl,
One you’ll never get to know.
You’ll never see her smile or laugh again,
Never watch her grow.

This child will never see you,
She’ll never see you smile.
She’ll never experience having a father,
One to walk her down the aisle.



If a genie could grant me one thing in my life,
I’d know, hands down, that it would be this:
Before you, my beloved, had to go to God,
You said bye and gave me a kiss.

You did so much for our country,
For people from coast to coast.
But there`s one more thing I have to tell you,
One thing you need to know most:

My beloved, you`ll never know how much it means to me,
How much it fills me with pride,
To know my love cares so much about me,
That he risked his life…and died.

1 comment:

  1. That was worth a good cry. <3
    I love you guys. All three of you.
    You're so strong, and I'm so glad to know Scott would only leave his family in such an honorable way.

    ReplyDelete